** Smoother Life may earn a commission when you buy through any links below.
This enchilada dish is absolutely bursting with flavor. Add a side of delicious black beans along with a bowl of crispy, tortilla chips and salsa -- and enjoy!
When you eat at home, you can save money and relax. Plus, these sumptuous enchiladas are surprisingly so easy to make.
Stuff your enchiladas with your choice of filling -- healthy, ground turkey or lean ground beef. Roll and place filled tortillas in a casserole dish. Smother in red, enchilada sauce and top with shredded cheese. You can also sprinkle additional toppings, such as onions and cilantro. Bake in oven until sauce is molten and cheese is bubbling and piping hot. You will impress yourself and your household with how good it looks – and how amazingly delicious it tastes!
For today’s menu we have:
- Appetizer side of warm tortilla chips & salsa
- Ground turkey enchiladas topped with melted cheese, onions and chopped cilantro
- Side of black beans
What you’ll need:
Plates to showcase your entrée like these beige or black southwestern border stoneware dishes.
1 pound ground turkey (can substitute with lean ground beef)
½ cup chopped white or yellow onion
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon chipotle seasoning (can substitute salt and pepper for less spice)
1 tsp olive oil
2 cups red enchilada sauce
4 medium sized, flour and corn tortillas (flour tortillas are okay too)
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese (or Monterey & Chedder blend)
Optional toppings: diced onions, chopped cilantro, sour cream
1 can black beans
1 large bag tortilla chips
1 jar of salsa sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Chop onions and cilantro. Add olive oil to a large skillet and brown onions and cilantro at medium heat. Then add ground turkey. Brown meat while mixing in onions and cilantro at medium high heat. Drain excess oil.
- Add chipotle seasoning (substitute salt and pepper to taste for less spice.) and juice from lime half. Add ½ bottle of enchilada sauce. Mix with meat at medium low heat. Then set aside.
- Time to assemble the enchiladas! Take a tortilla and lay it flat. Mixed flour and corn or flour tortillas work best because they are pliable and less likely to break like than corn tortillas. Lay ground turkey mixture in an even line. Add shredded cheese (or as much or as little as you prefer). Roll tightly to close. Place in baking dish seam down.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas, then top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle with diced onions and cilantro (optional).
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cheese should appear melted and bubbly.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream (optional).
Side of black beans
- Open can and heat in sauce pan as directed on product.
- Serve on the side of plated enchilada.
Appetizer side of tortilla chips and salsa
Place tortilla chips in medium sized oven safe bowl. Heat for 3 minutes at 300°F. Remove from oven with mitts and place on trivet to protect table.
Pour salsa into small serving bowl. Much on chips with salsa dip.
It’s so exciting when you pull these beautiful, bubbling, piping hot enchiladas out of the oven! You will impress yourself and your guests. They are so delicious! Enjoy!
Share this post
- Tags: cooking at home, don't want to eat out save money, easy to make enchiladas, eat at home, eating at home, ground turkey enchiladas, homecooking, homemade meals, lean ground beef enchiladas, make life easier eat at home, making food at home, making food at home instead of going out to eat, mexican dinner, save money, save money eat at home, smootherlife cooking, staying in